Supports students studying for Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language (ESL).
Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language Coursebook with Cambridge Elevate Enhanced Edition (2 Years)
This print and Cambridge Elevate enhanced coursebook support students studying for Cambridge International Examinations IGCSE® English as a Second Language syllabuses (0510/0511/0991), for first examination in 2019. A language focus in each unit provides new ‘Word Tips’ and ‘Top Tips’ to help students with vocabulary. Units are themed and take an integrated skills approach while emphasising a core skill – reading, writing, speaking or listening. The Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition contains embedded video and audio in every unit that supports students with speaking and listening. Auto-marked and teacher-marked interactive activities provide opportunities to practice core skills, while helping students consolidate their learning and self-assess their progress.
- Interactive practice activities deliver comprehensive coverage of the four core skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening. These help students to reinforce course learning and consolidate knowledge.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students and teachers to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Embedded video and audio content provides support for the speaking and listening activities.
- More speaking and listening practice added with new units that focus on speaking.
- Exam-style questions in each unit and ‘Top Tips’ help learners prepare for the Cambridge IGCSE® English as a Second Language examination.
- A language focus in every unit with ‘Language Tips’ draws attention to common mistakes made by learners.
- ‘Word Tip’ features help develop students’ vocabulary.
- Each unit closes with a ‘Reflection’ section where learners are encouraged to reflect on their learning and take responsibility for personal goal setting.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.